Man faces charges after weekend-long assault on girlfriend

Posted: Updated:
By Natalie Flanzer By Natalie Flanzer

PHOENIX - Police paperwork reveals disturbing details on a weekend kidnapping, sexual assault and aggravated assault over last weekend.

According to police Paul Michael Harris Jr. and his girlfriend got into an argument after Harris got into a confrontation with another man at a bar on August 26.

Harris grabbed her by the throat choking her with one hand in front of a couple of other witnesses. She then ended things and went back into the bar, since Harris has already been kicked out.

Around 9:45 a.m. the next day she heard a knock at her door, looked to see who it was and when she realized it was Harris, she returned to bed.

At that point Harris broke into her house, located near Camelback Road and 99th Avenue, through a bedroom window and went to her dresser where she keeps her gun.

The victim grabbed her phone and attempted to run out of the home, but Harris allegedly grabbed her by the hair and pointed the gun at her temple.

He made threats he was going to kill her and started calling family and friends expressing his desire to kill her and then himself. He even sent a picture of the victim with the gun to her head and sent it to his friends.

Around 2:30 p.m., he put the gun down and began apologizing to the victim and trying to patch things up.

She expressed to police she was afraid for her life and that of her roommate, who was out of town for the weekend, so she didn't want to leave her home and decided to comply with Harris' demands, including having sex with him.

On Sunday, around 5:30 p.m. the victim and Harris went to a friend's house. There the victim did tell someone about what was happening but said it wasn't safe for her to leave.

On Monday morning the victim had to go to work and convinced Harris the events of the weekend would remain between them. he agreed and she dropped him off at his apartment just before 8 a.m. and then went to the police station to file a report.

On Wednesday, the victim spoke with Harris and attempted to get him to admit to the events that had occurred over the weekend.

At this point the gun was still unaccounted for.

Harris was arrested on Wednesday, but didn't admit to holding her at gun point or assaulting her with it.

Harris faces charges of sexual assault, kidnapping, burglary, aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and theft. He is being held without bond.

Harris does have a prior history of domestic violence.