Falafel Spicy Dried Bean PattiesPosted: Updated:
½ lb. Chick peas, soaked overnight
2 cloves crushed garlic
1 large finely chopped brown onion
½ cup finely chopped hot chili pepper
1 level tablespoon bicarbonate of soda
1 cup finely chopped parsley
½ teaspoon cumin
½ cup cilantro
1½ tablespoons salt
½ tablespoon pepper
Oil for frying
1. Drain the chickpeas and rinse well in cold water.
2. Mix in the crushed garlic, chopped brown onion and hot pepper. Add remaining ingredients.
3. Pound or blend the mixture into a smooth paste and let rest for at least one hour.
4. Take walnut sized balls of the mixture and mold into 1½ inch round flat shapes. (Like a mini flying-saucer)
5. Allow resting for an additional 15 minutes, and then deep-fry them in hot oil until golden brown.
6. Serve with cucumbers, tomatoes, and tahini sauce.