HOTLINE: Sunday, Aug. 7Posted: Updated:
Back to School Backpack Safety Check
Great Choice Chiropractic is offering a Free Back Pack Safety Check the week of August 15. Appointments are suggested but walk-ins are welcome. The Great Choice Chiropractic Clinic is located at 15810 S. 45th Street, Suite 160 in Phoenix. For more information contact Great Choice Chiropractic at 480-704-6600 or go to www.greatchoicechiro.com
Back to School Fashion
All products will be highlighted by Terri McCoy are listed on the home page of www.proximitystation.com
Dr. Art Mollen
For more information about the health topics Dr. Art Mollen spoke about, call (602)264-9806
Wally's Weekly Car Review
For more on Wally Cahill: www.azmotorsportsmania.tv
If you'd like to add Sunday's Sweetheart or any other pet to your family, contact The Arizona Humane Society at (602) 997-7585. For more information about AHS events and programs, visit www.azhumane.org.
Chef Dad’s 1000 Island Dressing
1 Cup Mayonnaise
1/4 Cup Ketchup
1/4 Cup Sweet Relish
1 Tbsp. Dill Relish
1 tsp. Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice
1/4 tsp. Salt
1/4 tsp. Black Pepper
1) Whisk ingredients together well then refrigerate for at least 1 hour before using.
Chef Dad’s Avocado Gorgonzola Dressing
1 Cup (8 oz.) Sour Cream
1/2 Cup Mayonnaise
2 Tbsp. Buttermilk
8 oz. Gorgonzola Cheese (crumbled)
2 Tbsp. Shallot (minced)
2 tsp. Fresh Lime Juice
1/2 tsp. Kosher Salt
1/2 tsp. Black Pepper
1) In a food processor, combine your sour cream, mayo, buttermilk, about 1/3 of your cheese, meat from the avocado, lime juice, salt & pepper. Pulse the blade several times until the mixture becomes creamy then move the dressing into a large bowl.
2) Add the remaining crumbled cheese and your minced shallot then fold into the dressing. Taste for seasoning adjustment, if any. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour and up to overnight before using.
Cooks Notes: This makes about 1 pint of dressing and should last for several days if kept in an airtight container. Substituting the gorgonzola with bleu cheese is ok too.
Chef Dad’s Red Wine Vinaigrette
1 Cup Olive Oil (regular or extra virgin)
1/4 Cup Red Wine Vinegar
1/4 Cup Shallots (diced fine)
Salt & Pepper
1) In a bowl with a whisk, combine the olive oil, red wine vinegar, shallots and ¼ teaspoon of each salt and pepper. Whisk vigorously for 30 seconds then taste for seasoning adjustment, if any. You can always add a little more vinegar or olive oil to your liking. Just keep in mind that a little extra kick will disappear a bit when put over a large lettuce salad or pasta salad.
2) Keep chilled until you’re ready to eat. Toss with your lettuce or pasta salad then serve.