Gilbert home a total loss after fire

Posted: Updated:

GILBERT, Ariz. – A house went up in flames in Gilbert and it took crews about 45 minutes to put out the blaze.

Firefighters from Mesa, Chandler and Gilbert responded to the house fire in the 300 block of Bronco Lane near Warner and Gilbert roads Friday evening.

Fire officials are calling the home a complete loss.

Nobody was inside the house at the time of the blaze and authorities believe nobody lives there. The power to the house had been shut off.

Fire crews say there were heavy flames inside the structure when they arrived. At one point the roof was going to collapse so crews were pulled out of the home.

There were few belongings in the home including a car inside the garage.

It is unclear what sparked the fire but it remains under investigation.