Sunday Recipe: Chef Amee's Oatmeal Peach MuffinsPosted: Updated:
Chef Amee's Oatmeal Peach Muffins
16 oz. can of peaches, drained (or 3 fresh, diced peaches)
1 tsp. baking soda
10 Tbsp. butter, softened
1 c. brown sugar
1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1 1/4 c. regular flour or whole wheat pastry flour
1/4 tsp. salt
1 1/2 c. rolled oats
· Preheat oven to 350 degrees and coat muffin pan with non-stick spray.
· Finely chop peaches with knives or in a food processor. Place into bowl and add baking powder. Set aside.
· In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar with a fork. When mixture becomes smooth, add eggs and vanilla. Quickly mix them in.
· Add in peaches, flour, salt, and oatmeal. Stir to combine.
· Fill muffin liners about halfway and bake for 20-25 minutes. Serve warm.
1/4 c. vinegar
optional: 4 pieces of bread
· Bring water to a boil in a saucepan and add vinegar. (This will help set the egg.) Lower the temperature to medium-high heat. Break eggs one at a time into a ramekin to check the quality of the egg and to make ensure an intact orange yolk.
· Carefully add the eggs to the water and cook for 3 minutes. The whites should be firm, and the yolks should remain liquid and covered with a film. When the eggs are cooked, remove and quickly place into a cold bowl of water to stop the cooking. Drain on a paper towel.
· Serve immediately on toast. (To reheat, quickly dip into hot salt water.) For amazing flavor, top with Heavenly Hollandaise Sauce.
For more information on Chef Amee Hoge go to www.chefamee.com