HOTLINE: Sunday July 17Posted: Updated:
Street League DC Pro Tour
Brittney Shipp was live previewing the finals for the Street League DC Pro Tour. The event will start at 2pm at Jobing.com Arena in Glendale. For more information go to www.streetleague.com
New Move Over Law
For more information on the new Move Over law visit http://www.aaaaz.com/news/legislative/MoveOverLawFAQ.html
Dr. Art Mollen
For more information about the health topics Dr. Art Mollen spoke about, call (602)264-9806
Summer Beauty Steals
For more information on Arizona Spa Girls go to http://azspagirls.com The company will be holding a special event Thursday July 21 from 6pm to 9pm at Deegie's Carma in Scottsdale Quarter. For details or to RSVP visit http://azspagirls.com
Wally's Weekly Car Review
For more on Wally Cahill: www.azmotorsportsmania.tv
If you'd like to add Sunday's Sweetheart or any other pet to your family, contact The Arizona Humane Society at (602) 997-7585. For more information about AHS events and programs, visit www.azhumane.org. For more information about Project 121 go to www.project121.org
Chef Amee's Oatmeal Peach Muffins
For more information on Chef Amee Hoge go to www.chefamee.com
Oatmeal Peach Muffins
16 oz. can of peaches, drained (or 3 fresh, diced peaches)
1 tsp. baking soda
10 Tbsp. butter, softened
1 c. brown sugar
1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1 1/4 c. regular flour or whole wheat pastry flour
1/4 tsp. salt
1 1/2 c. rolled oats
· Preheat oven to 350 degrees and coat muffin pan with non-stick spray.
· Finely chop peaches with knives or in a food processor. Place into bowl and add baking powder. Set aside.
· In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar with a fork. When mixture becomes smooth, add eggs and vanilla. Quickly mix them in.
· Add in peaches, flour, salt, and oatmeal. Stir to combine.
· Fill muffin liners about halfway and bake for 20-25 minutes. Serve warm.
1/4 c. vinegar
optional: 4 pieces of bread
· Bring water to a boil in a saucepan and add vinegar. (This will help set the egg.) Lower the temperature to medium-high heat. Break eggs one at a time into a ramekin to check the quality of the egg and to make ensure an intact orange yolk.
· Carefully add the eggs to the water and cook for 3 minutes. The whites should be firm, and the yolks should remain liquid and covered with a film. When the eggs are cooked, remove and quickly place into a cold bowl of water to stop the cooking. Drain on a paper towel.
· Serve immediately on toast. (To reheat, quickly dip into hot salt water.) For amazing flavor, top with Heavenly Hollandaise Sauce.