Student suffers burns when hose bursts on school bus

Posted: Updated:
By Alicia Barron By Alicia Barron

PHOENIX – One child suffered second-degree burns while riding on a school bus en route to a field trip.

A group of students from the Deer Valley School District was on a field trip Friday afternoon when a radiator hose burst in the back of the bus when they were near Bell Road and Holmes.

Fluid from the radiator shot through the vents, burning one of the students on the back of his legs. He suffered second-degree burns and received medical treatment.

The field trip was canceled.