Propane leaks sparks fire on Tucson's east side

Posted: Updated:

TUCSON, Ariz. -- A night out grilling turned into a couple days away from home for an east side family.

A propane leak in a gas grill sparked a fire on a backyard patio. Flames then spread to the back of the home.

No one was hurt, but the fire department urges people to be careful where they grill.

"Please remember to place the grill in the location thats at least ten feet away from any combustable materials including not placing it under any trees or porches or awnings," said Capt. Trish Tracy with the Tucson Fire Department.

Four people will have to find another place to stay until the back of the home is repaired.