Pasta Salad With Tomato FetaPosted: Updated:
• 1/2 pound penne pasta
• Kosher salt
• olive oil
• 1 pound ripe tomatoes, medium-diced
• 3/4 cup good black kalamata olives pitted and diced
• 1 pound feta cheese, medium-diced
• 6 sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained and chopped
For the dressing:
• 5 sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained
• 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
• 6 tablespoons olive oil
• 1 garlic clove, diced
• 1 teaspoon capers, drained
• 1 teaspoon kosher salt
• 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
• 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan
• 1 cup packed parsley, chopped
Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water with a splash of oil to keep it from sticking together. Boil for 12 minutes, or according to the directions on the package. Drain well and allow to cool. Place the pasta in a bowl and add the tomatoes, olives, feta and chopped sun-dried tomatoes.
For the dressing, combine the sun-dried tomatoes, vinegar, olive oil, garlic, capers, salt and pepper in a food processor until almost smooth.
Pour the dressing over the pasta, sprinkle with the Parmesan and parsley, and toss well.