Clutter-filled home catches fire twice in two daysPosted: Updated:
SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. – Firefighters were called out to a Scottsdale home for the second time in two days.
Crews first responded to the home near Hayden and Thomas roads at about 3:30 a.m. Tuesday for a reported vehicle fire. When they arrived on the scene, the flames had already spread to the front portion of the house, completely engulfing it.
Just 24 hours later, firefighters were back out at the same house, and once again, it was fully involved.
The first time they were there, crews said there was quite a bit of clutter inside the house that made the situation especially difficult. The flames were so intense and so close to spreading that they melted the siding on a neighbor’s house.
The homeowner suffered burns to her arms in that first fire and was taken to a local hospital. The damage from Tuesday’s fire was extensive enough to make the home unlivable.
When they were called back to the scene Wednesday morning, firefighters did not try to go inside the house, instead taking up a defensive position to douse the flames from the outside.
Firefighters generally check in on fire sites to make sure the flames do not flare back up.
It’s not clear what sparked the initial fire or what caused it to reignite.
No injuries were reported in the second fire.