Mango Cucumber Salad with Radish & MintPosted: Updated:
Yield: 4 Servings
2 Tbsp Rice wine vinegar
1 clove Garlic, chopped
1 scant tsp Thai red curry paste
2 cups Baby lettuce or Bibb lettuce
2 cups Baby frisee
As needed Kosher salt
1 each English cucumber, peeled and cut in ½” dice
1 each Mango, peeled, seeded, cut in ½” dice
¾ cup Radish, small dice
¼ cup Sweet onion, small dice
1 Tbsp Basil, roughly chopped
1 Tbsp Mint, roughly chopped
1 tsp Black sesame seeds
1. In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, garlic and curry paste; set aside.
2. In a separate large mixing bowl, combine the bibb lettuce and frisee; drizzle with about half of curry dressing and sprinkle with a few grains of salt. Toss well and arrange on a serving platter.
3. Add the cucumber, mango, radish, onion, basil and mint to the large mixing bowl. Drizzle with the remaining dressing and toss well. Arrange the mango salad on top of the lettuce.
4. Sprinkle with the black sesame seeds and serve.
* This salad is very good with cooked shrimp or lobster. Try serving it in parfait glasses as a cocktail.