Grilled Salmon Fillet with Honey-Mustard SaucePosted: Updated:
• 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
• 2 tablespoons honey
• 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint leaves
• Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
• 2 pound fillet salmon, skin on
• 2 tablespoons canola oil
• 1 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
• 2 tablespoons aged sherry vinegar
• 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
• Whisk together the mustards, honey, mint and 1/4 teaspoon of salt and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper in a small bowl. Let sit for at least 15 minutes before using. Can be made 1 day in advance and refrigerated but do not add the mint until just before using. Bring to room temperature before using.
• Heat the grill to high.
• Brush the salmon with the oil and season with salt and pepper. Place the salmon on the grill until golden brown about 3 minutes. While the salmon is cooking, place the onion in a medium bowl, add the vinegar and oil and salt and pepper and toss to combine. Transfer the salad to a platter, top with the salmon fillet and drizzle each fillet with the mustard sauce.