Ceiling falls on firefighter; man burned while rescuing pet

Posted: Updated:

GLENDALE, Ariz. – A man received minor injuries and a firefighter was also hurt in a house fire in Glendale.

Peoria and Glendale firefighters responded to a two-story residence near 73rd Avenue and Happy Valley Road just after 3 p.m. Wednesday.

Crews found an active fire in the bedroom area on the second floor of the home.

The homeowner had left the house but returned to get his dog and received minor burns to his back.

The homeowner initially refused medical treatment but later went to the emergency room to take care of his injury.

While crews were battling the fire, part of the ceiling fell on a Peoria firefighter’s head. He was taken to the hospital with minor injuries.

The fire remains under investigation.