AZ Bratwurst & Brussels KrautPosted: Updated:
2 1/2 lbs. pork shoulder (leaned, cubed)
1/2 lb. salt pork/bacon (cubed)
3 stalks grilled rapini
2 roasted apples (cored)
2 stalks chopped green garlic
6 leaves sage
12oz Four Peaks Kiltlifter
1 Tbsp. ea. toasted Coriander, fennel, chili flakes
Salt/pepper to taste
1. Lean and cube the pork shoulder and salt pork/bacon.
2. Combine everything and allow to marinate for at least 24-36 hours, covered and refrigerated.
3. Freeze all equipment to be used in grinding (Well chilled equipment works best because it does not melt the fat).
4. Begin grinding meat using the meat grinding attachment for your stand mixer. Place a large bowl full of ice below with a smaller bowl inside so the meat will remain cold.
5. Form in to patties or stuff in natural casing.
1 qrt. shaved brussels sprouts (Mandolin is the best equipment for this)
1 cup distilled white vinegar
1 cup apple cider
1 cup water
2 bay leaves
1 Tbsp. pink peppercorns
2 Tbsp. McClendon’s orange blossom honey
1. Bring honey, Apple Cider, Water and aromatics to a boil. Reduce by half. Add vinegar. Let Cool.
2. Pour over Brussels sprouts. Marinate up to a week in the refrigerator (covered)