Grilled Lettuces with Parmesan-Reggiano VinaigrettePosted: Updated:
1 head radicchio
1 head romaine, heart only
1 head frisee
3 T Olive Oil
1. Cut the head of romaine in half, brush with oil, and sprinkle with salt.
2. Grill until just charred on the outside.
3. Cut into 1 inch pieces and set aside.
4. Quarter the head of radicchio and repeat process allowing radicchio to char a little darker.
5. Grill whole head of frisee without any oil or salt.
6. Combine lettuces in a mixing bowl and drizzle with 2 oz of garlic vinaigrette.
7. Mix well and serve.
3 cloves garlic, finely minced
1 medium shallot, finely minced
1 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 oz lemon juice
5 oz Parmesan-Reggiano, finely grated
½ tsp white pepper
2 grinds of freshly ground black pepper
1 oz red wine vinegar
2 T parsley, finely chopped
1. Whisk all ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
2. Season to taste with salt and additional lemon juice.