Space heater causes fire in Tucson mobile home

Posted: Updated:

TUCSON, Ariz. -- A space heater caused a fire early Thursday morning.

It happened at a trailer in Riverside Gardens off Flowing Wells Road at 2 A.M. Northwest fire arrived 4 minutes after the 911 call.

The sleeper cab from a semi was burning and spread to a shed and the main home on the property.

The family in the home was letting a couple sleep in the semi truck. They weren't there at the time but had a space heater on to keep two dogs warm.

The dogs haven't been found.

The cold weather made it very slippery for the firefighters as water turned to ice.