Roof collapses as crews battle first alarm Chandler house fire

Posted: Updated:

CHANDLER, Ariz. - A Chandler home appears to be a total loss after going up in flames early Thursday morning.

Chandler Fire Battalion Chief Paul Neis said around 5:45 a.m. a neighbor noticed flames through the chimney of the home near Dobson and Ocotillo roads.

The neighbor went to knock on the door, but couldn't because of the heavy black smoke.

Fire crews arrived on scene of the first alarm fire and went into a defensive stance to battle the blaze.

There was a partial roof collapse over the main part of the home.

Fire officials believe an electrical problem in the wall might be the cause of the fire.

The homeowner was not home at the time of the fire.