5 Healthy tips to start the new yearPosted: Updated:
Five healthy ways to start the New Year from Dr. Suneil Jain.
1. Eat healthy MOST of the time. Focus on eliminating sugar and reducing gluten containing foods. Eliminate processed foods, and eat at least one salad a day.
2. Exercise because it make you happy and feel energized. Exercising stimulates the body's production of growth hormone which helps with overall vitality.
3. Breathe deeper. Longer deeper breathing is associated with lower blood pressure and helps calm the mind.
4. Learn something new every day. Learning stimulates brain activity which stimulates motivation and drive.
5. Think something positive every morning. Positive thoughts are associated with happier moods and motivation.