Overnight fire guts Phoenix apartmentPosted: Updated:
PHOENIX -- A fire gutted a Phoenix apartment overnight.
Firefighters were called out to a complex at 42nd and Melvin streets, which is near 40th and Van Buren streets, at about 2 a.m.
Two men were house-sitting when the fire broke out. Both of them got out safely.
When crews arrived on the scene, flames were shooting out the windows. Firefighters were able to get things under control quickly and keep the those flames from spreading.
It's not clear what sparked the fire.
No injuries were reported.