Candy cane cheesecakePosted: Updated:
2 cups Oreo cookie crumbs
1/2 cup crushed candy canes
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 1/2 lb. cream cheese
1 1/2 Tbsp. peppermint schnapps
1/2 Tbsp. orange juice
1/2 Tbsp. vanilla extract
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 cup sugar
2 Tbsp. sour cream
1/4 cup half and half
1 cup crushed candy canes
- Combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Butter one 8 inch cake pans.
- Divide crumb mixture between the two pans, making 1/2 inch crust.
- Beat cream cheese, schnapps, concentrate, vanilla, cream, and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Add remaining ingredients and beat well until blended.
- Fill both prepared pans with cheesecake batter. Place pans in water bath of boiling water and bake at 325 degrees for 1 1/2 hours.
- Cool on rack and chill overnight.
- Garnish the top of the cheesecake with remaining Candy Cane’s to your liking!