1 Injured in Glendale mobile home, house firePosted: Updated:
GLENDALE, Ariz. -- One person suffered smoke inhalation in an early morning fire in Glendale.
Firefighters were called out to 47th and Peoria avenues at about 7:30 a.m., said Daniel Valenzuela, a spokesman for the Glendale Fire Department.
The fire apparently started in a mobile home that was parked next to a house. The flames spread quickly from there.
It's not clear if anybody was inside the mobile home when the fire started, but there were people inside the house. Firefighters were able to get them out.
Valenzuela said firefighters were on the scene in just four minutes.
"We noticed heavy smoke and flames coming from the home and the mobile home," Valenzuela said. "This is exactly why we all need working smoke alarms, and why we all need to know what to do when that smoke alarm goes off -- get out and stay out."
It not yet known what sparked the fire.
Valenzuela said one person suffered smoke inhalation. No other injuries were reported.