Butternut squash soup & cranberry broccoliniPosted: Updated:
Butternut Squash Soup:
Potion ½ Gallon
3-lbs. butternut squash-roasted & peeled
3-carrots-peeled & chopped
6-stalks celery chopped
1-large yellow onion chopped
½- quart cream
2-cups white wine
¼ -cup olive oil
½ -Tbsp. cinnamon
½ cup butter
Salt & Pepper to taste
1. Sauté garlic, shallots, carrots, celery, onion & ½ cup butter
2. Add white wine and spices and cream, simmer for 45 minutes
3. Take roasted and peeled squash and blend until smooth
4. Fold squash into cream and simmer for 10 minutes
3 bunches of broccolini (steamed)
2 cups chopped cranberries
1 Tbsp. chopped garlic
2 Tbsp. pickled ginger
2 Tbsp. chopped shallots
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 cup cranberry juice
½ cup brown sugar
2 Tbsp. orange juice concentrate
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Sauté garlic, shallots, ginger, cranberries in olive oil for 5 minutes.
2. Add juice, sugar, OJ concentrate and reduce by ½.
3. Stir in a slurry of 1 Tbsp. cornstarch and cranberry juice.
4. Toss in the broccollini and simmer for 3 minutes.
5. Serve and enjoy.