Seared prosciutto sea scallops with onion, cauliflower pureePosted: Updated:
12 sea scallops
6 slices of prosciutto
1 Tbsp. olive oil
Black pepper to taste
1. Rub scallops with olive oil and pepper.
2. Wrap scallops with the prosciutto.
3. Pan sear in oil until cooked to a medium temperature.
Onion, cauliflower puree
1 red onion (sliced0
1 cauliflower (cut up)
1 Tbsp. chopped garlic
1 Tbsp. bacon “love”
1 Tbsp. fresh thyme
1 tsp. chipotle
3 butter chunks
½ cup cranberry juice
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Sauté the onion, garlic, thyme, cauliflower in the bacon love for 10 minutes.
2. Add juice and de-glaze the pan.
3. Place the veggies in a blender with the chipotle, butter and seasoning and pulse until smooth.
4. Place the puree in the middle of the plate and top with the scallops.
5. Garnish with micro greens or toasted leeks.