Geothermal heating & cooling systemsPosted: Updated:
Geothermal heating and cooling systems help the environment by providing the most efficient and effective comfort in indoor conditions, while protecting the environment.
Benefits of geothermal over traditional heating and cooling systems, include:
- Lower operating costs: A geothermal hybrid system can cut utility bills by 40 to 70 percent compared to conventional heating and cooling systems.
- Energy efficiency: A geothermal heat pump can move more than three units of heat energy for every one unit of electrical energy used to power the system.
- Environmental impact: Geothermal energy is naturally renewable and environmentally friendly.
- Reduce repair costs: By removing the higher temperature differential, equipment is subjected to significantly less stress and lower operating pressures, making repairs less likely.
- Life span: A geothermal system can have a life expectancy of up to 30 years.
- Indoor comfort: Geothermal systems can be zoned for maximum comfort.
- Design flexibility: Geothermal systems can be easily and inexpensively retrofitted or expanded to fit building remodeling, additions, new construction or replacement.
- Quiet: Equipment operates at approximately the same noise level as a domestic refrigerator.
- Safety: No dangers of gas leaks or carbon monoxide poisoning.