Want to vote in the November election? Registration deadline is midnight tonight

Posted: Updated:

PHOENIX -- If you want to vote in the November election but have not yet registered, you have until midnight.

"Registration forms, if mailed, must be post marked no later than midnight, the fourth of October," said Maricopa County Recorder Helen Purcell in a news release. "Registration forms may also be filled out and/or dropped off at many valley wide locations. Anything received after midnight will not be accepted for the general election. This deadline also applies to any voter who needs to update his or her address."

Purcell explained all the details to Tara Hitchcock.

Citizens may go to the County Recorder’s website www.recorder.maricopa.gov for questions on registration requirements. See the following list for locations and times to drop off, get registration forms, or register. Registration forms will be available at the following locations in addition to being drop-off points for last-day registration.

Maricopa County Recorder'’s Office
Southeast Complex
222 E. Javelina Drive, Mesa
(South of U.S. 60 and Mesa Drive)
Open Until Midnight

Secretary of State's Office
State Capitol Executive Tower Building
1700 W. Washington ST., 602-542-8683
Parking Lot West of Executive Tower, Phoenix
4:30 PM to Midnight

State Republican Headquarters
3501 N. 24th St., Phoenix
602-957-7770 (Phone Bank)
Open Until Midnight

Maricopa County Democratic Party
2914 North Central Avenue, Phoenix
Open Until Midnight

Maricopa County Republican Party
10050 W. Bell Road, Suite 49, Sun City
Open Until 8 p.m.

GEMDEMS Headquarters
7153 E. Main Street, Mesa
Open Until 10 p.m.

Republican Legislative 8 Dist Office
4110 N. Goldwater Blvd., Suite 209B, Scottsdale
Open until 10 p.m.

Guadalupe Town Hall
9241 S. Avenida Del Yaqui, Guadalupe
Open Until Midnight


Satisfactory evidence of United States citizenship includes one of the following:

• An Arizona driver’s license number (or copy of the license) or non-operating identification license number (or copy of the identification license), issued after 10/01/1996.

• A driver’s license or non-operating identification license from another state that identifies United States Citizenship.

• A legible photocopy of a birth certificate with the name of the applicant that verifies United States Citizenship.

• A legible photocopy of the pertinent pages of the United States passport.

• United States naturalization certificate number or the presentation of the original certificate of naturalization. (If only the number is provided, the County Recorder must verify the number with INS prior to adding the applicant to the voter rolls.).

• Bureau of Indian Affairs Card Number, Tribal Treaty Card Number or Tribal Enrollment Number.