Rosemary roasted sweet potatoes with peppers & pecansPosted: Updated:
Yield: 4 servings
2-3 each sweet potato (about 2 lb), peeled and cut into 3/4” cubes (Will yield about 5 cups)
1 small red onion, cut into ¾” dice (1/4 lb)
2 cloves garlic, chopped
2 tsp. rosemary
1 Tbsp olive oil
To taste Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 large red bell pepper, roasted, peeled & cut in strips
1 ea. Anaheim chili, roasted, peeled & cut in strips
1 tsp. white wine vinegar
1 tsp. maple syrup
¼ cup pecans, toasted
2 tsp. parsley, chopped
1. Pre-heat oven to 475 degrees. Place a large roasting pan in the oven; it needs to be very hot.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the sweet potato, onion, garlic and rosemary. Add the olive oil; season with salt and pepper and toss to coat.
3. Pour the sweet potato and onion into the hot roasting pan and stir. Place back in the oven and roast until potatoes are cooked through, stirring occasionally; about 25-30 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, add the vinegar and maple syrup to the mixing bowl and whisk together; add the roasted red bell pepper and chili. Stir to combine.
5. Remove potatoes from the oven when they are tender and stir in the roasted pepper mixture, check for seasoning and transfer to a serving platter. Sprinkle with the pecans and parsley.