HOTLINE: Saturday September 11Posted: Updated:
BRITTNEY SHIPP WAS OUT LIVE AT TEMPE BEACH PARK FOR THE SEPTEMBER 11th MEMORIAL CEREMONY
Healing Field is located at Tempe Beach Park (Northwest Corner of Mill Ave. & Rio Salado Parkway)
The Wildlife World Zoo is located at 16501 W. Northern Ave. in Litchfield Park. For more information on all the zoo's exciting attractions and events, call 623-935-WILD or check out their website www.wildlifeworld.com. For more pet training tips from Dr. Grey Stafford, visit www.iReinforce.com
www.ShowUp.com provides a comprehensive calendar of theater, music, dance, art, festivals and cultural attractions throughout the Valley and around Arizona - along with a Ticket Marketplace that sells last-minute discount tickets. Events featured today: 1) Lindy and Party Weekend presented by Arizona Lindy Hop Society at the Point Hilton Squaw Peak Resort, 2) Ballet Under the Stars 2010 presented by Ballet Arizona performed at various parks around the Valley, 3) Three Prescott Museums: One Great Price presented by The Phippen Museum, The Smoki Museum and Sharlot Hall Museum, 4) Pickin' in the Pines Music Festival presented by Flagstaff Friends of Traditional Music Performed at Pine Mountain Amphitheater, Flagstaff, Arizona. Sign up for "You've Got Shows!" at www.ShowUp.com for a chance to win free tickets. ShowUp.com is a project of the non-profit Alliance for Audience and Matt Lehrman is its Executive Director.
DAVE OWENS THE GARDEN GUY
Dave's books, are sold at Changing Hands Bookstore, Borders Books, and Barnes & Noble.
Get all your Great Garden Guy Products and Books at these following locations:
Whole Foods Market
Fry's Marketplace Nurseries
For addresses and maps to any of these locations, visit www.gardenguy.com
OPERATION HOMEFRONT OF ARIZONA - FREEDOM WALK 2010
6135 N. Black Canyon Highway Ste 2
Phoenix, Az. 85015
ARE PART-TIME JOBS THE BEST WE CAN DO? THE FACTS AND STATS OF JOBS IN AZ.
Michael D. Hayes -Momentum Specialized Staffing
3118 W. Thomas Rd. #707
Phoenix, Az. 85017
On Twitter: http://twitter.com/MomentumMike
BLOG PAGE: www.momentumstaffing.wordpress.com
Z'TEJAS/BEST BUDDIES/TIP A COP
20 W. 6th Street
Tempe, AZ 85281
Phone: (480) 377-1170b
The limited time Chile Fest menu lasts until September 26.
Chile Fest will benefit the Special Olympics of Arizona.
Visit http://www.specialolympics.org/ for more information on how you can support this organization.
Chile Grilled Shrimp Salad
6 ea. 26/30 Chipotle Mint Marinated Shrimp
2 oz. Mixed Greens
1 oz. baby Spinach
3 oz. Honeydew Melon, diced
2 oz. Fresh Pear, diced
2 oz. Grape Tomatoes
3 oz. Watermelon, diced
2 oz. Green Chile Vinaigrette
1) Grilled shrimp over open flame grill. If you want, you can sauté in pan with a little canola oil
2) While shrimp are cooking, in a large mixing bowl, add all remaining ingredients and lightly toss so as not to break up the fruit
3) Place salad in serving dish or on a plate, topped with fully cooked shrimp and serve
Chipotle Mint Marinade:
1 tablespoon garlic, minced
5 ea, mint leaves, medium size, minced
Zest of 1 lime
Juice of 1 fresh lime
1 Tablespoon chipotle puree
¼ teaspoon Kosher Salt
¼ teaspoon Black pepper, ground
½ # 26/30 Shrimp, peeled & deviened
Mix all ingredients in mixing bowl and marinate ½ pound of 26/30 sized shrimp. Skewer for easier handling if you will be grilling. No need to skewer if you will be sautéing the shrimp
Green Chile Vinaigrette:
5 oz. Anaheim Peppers, roasted,de-seeded, skinned & rough chopped
1 ½ oz. shallots, chopped
1 teaspoon garlic, chopped
¼ cup Rice Wine Vinegar
¼ cup Lime Juice
¼ teaspoon Tabasco
1 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
1 tablespoon Mint, fresh
2 Tablespoon Honey
2 cups Olive Oil
3 teaspoon Kosher Salt
1) Anaheim peppers should be prepped ahead of time. Pat dry with a paper towel to insure no extra moisture so dressing will have the right consistency.
2) In a blender, add peppers, shallots, garlic, vinegar, lime juice, Tabasco, mustard, mint & Honey
3) Cover and begin blending. While the blender is running, remove pour cap and slowly add oil in a steady stream to insure proper emulsion.
4) Once all the oil is incorporated, add salt & turn off blender.
5) Place dressing in storage container. Store in fridge for longer shelf, but be aware that the oil will become thick and needs to be taken out a couple hours before use so as to allow the dressing to get to room temperature.