Fire at North Phoenix home kills several puppiesPosted: Updated:
PHOENIX -- An early morning fire at a North Phoenix home killed six puppies early Monday morning.
It happened in the neighborhood of 17th Avenue and Union Hills Drive.
Investigators said the fire started when a dog chewed the cord attached to a fan nearby. A fire then sparked on the patio and quickly spread to the attic and kitchen of the home.
Everyone inside was able to get out before firefighters arrived.
The adult dogs in the home did survive and one person was treated on scene for minor burns.