2 Buckeye kids scalded by boiling water

Posted: Updated:

BUCKEYE, Ariz. -- Two Buckeye children were treated for burns Wednesday after they were scalded by boiling water.

Firefighters say the 4-year-old boy and 2-year-old girl were hurt when they pulled a pot of hot water off the stove at a home in Buckeye.

They were taken to Maricopa Medical Center. The girl suffered first- and second-degree burns to her stomach and the boy had first- and second-degree burns on his lower back and flank area.

They were listed in stable and good condition Wednesday night.