Garlic and Herb Marinated Surf and Turf SkewersPosted: Updated:
Serves 2 people, 2 skewers each
2, 5-6 oz each Filet Mignon
4 each Fresh U-20 Scallops
1 each Green Bell Pepper
4 each Cremini Mushrooms
1 each Straightneck Yellow Squash
10 leaves, no stems Chiffonade of Fresh Basil
¼ bunchFresh Parsley, chopped
2 each Fresh Thyme, leaves removed
2 cloves Fresh Garlic, minced
3 cups Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Salt and Black Pepper to taste
4 each Wooden or metal skewers
• In a mixing bowl, mix the extra virgin olive oil, basil, parsley, thyme, and garlic.
• Peel the connective tissue from the scallops and discard. Set scallops aside in the refrigerator.
• Roughly quarter the filet mignon to resemble the scallops in size. Set filet aside in the refrigerator.
• Seed and dice the green bell pepper in roughly 1 inch squares.
• Halve the yellow squash and cut to approximately the size of the filet mignon.
• Assemble the skewers in this order: scallop, green bell pepper, filet, mushroom, and squash.
• Pour the garlic herb marinade over the skewers and let sit for 2 hours.
• Preheat a large sauté pan over medium high heat. Add a small amount of extra virgin olive oil to the pan and heat until it shimmers. Season the skewers with the salt and black pepper. Sear the skewers on both sides until well browned. Finish cooking to desired doneness in a 375 degree oven for five to seven minutes. Serve immediately.
• As an option, the skewers may be cooked on an outdoor grill.
• Heirloom Tomato Salad with Bermuda onion, Maytag bleu cheese, balsamic vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, sea salt, and black pepper
• Chopped Greek Salad Canapé with tomatoes, red onions, cucumber, kalamata olives, red, yellow, and green peppers, and feta cheese in a Belgian endive leaf
• Citrus Cucumber Salad with orange segments, shaved cucumbers, and micro basil on a bed of Moroccan cous cous