BRITTNEY SHIPP WAS OUT LIVE AT THE MARICOPA COUNTY HOME & GARDEN SHOW
Summer Maricopa County Home & Garden Show
University of Phoenix Stadium in Glendale
Just East off the 101 and Glendale Ave
Sunday show hours: 10am - 5pm
For more information about the health topics Dr. Art Mollen spoke about, call (602)264-9806
If you'd like to add Sunday's Sweetheart or any other pet to your family, contact The Arizona Humane Society at (602) 997-7585. For more information about AHS events and programs, visit www.azhumane.org.
WALLY'S WEEKLY CAR REVIEW
BONNIE MOEHLE, SELF REALIZATION COACH
*Coping with the Negative People in Our Lives*
For Private Sessions, to purchase a book or to reserve Bonnie as a Speaker at your next event:
Book Signing August, 29, 2010 from 11:00-3:00pm and
Metaphysical Mondays - Presentation, August 30 from 7:00-9:00pm
Both at Borders
7320 West Bell
Glendale, AZ 85308
TEENS DRIVEN TO DISTRACTION
Think your teen is a safe driver? Think again. AAA and Seventeen magazine recently set out to discover what risky behaviors teen drivers were engaging in while behind the wheel.
Chef Dudash Nutrition
Pizza Pita Snackers
· Prep Time: 5 Minutes
· Time To Table: 5 Minutes
· Serves: 2
· 2 pita bread
· 2 tablespoons basil pesto
· 1 cup Daisy Brand Cottage Cheese
· 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic bread seasoning
· 2 tablespoons chopped Roma tomatoes
· 2 teaspoons chopped fresh basil
· 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese *optional
Toast pita bread until crispy and firm, about 1 minute in a toaster oven. Spread pesto on each pita bread, lightly covering entire surface. Combine cottage cheese with garlic bread seasoning and spread evenly over each pita. Top with chopped tomato and fresh basil. If desired, sprinkle each pita with Parmesan. Slice each pita into 4 wedges and serve immediately*.
*For a lunch box, simply wrap pizzas in plastic wrap and chill until meal time.
Fresh Fruit Kabobs with Mint Dip
· Prep Time: 30 Minutes
· Time To Table: 30 Minutes
· Serves: 2
· 1 cup Daisy Brand Cottage Cheese
· 1 teaspoon chopped mint
· 1 teaspoon vanilla
· 6 fresh strawberries
· 4 cubes fresh pineapple
· 4 cubes fresh cantaloupe
· 4 seedless green grapes
Mix cottage cheese with mint and vanilla. Cover and refrigerate. Wash all of the fruit. Hull strawberries. Peel, core, and cube pineapple. Peel, seed, and cube cantaloupe. Assemble kabob by skewering 3 strawberries, 2 pineapple chunks, 2 cantaloupe chunks, and 2 green grapes, alternating fruit to begin and end with a strawberry. Repeat with second kabob*. Serve each kabob with 1/2 of the mint cottage cheese dip mixture.
*Michelle recommends cutting the sharp end off of the skewer after assembling.
Makes 1 serving, 4 lettuce cups
· 4 leaves of lettuce, like bibb, butter, or iceberg
· ½ cup roasted chicken, chopped (use your leftover chicken, or buy rotisserie chicken)
· ¼ cup corn, frozen, thawed
· ¼ cup black beans, canned rinsed, drained
· 2 tbsp. tomato salsa
· 2 tbsp. light ranch dressing
- Take a head of lettuce and pull the lettuce leaves away so that they can be used as a wrapper for the fillings. Wash and drain. Package 3-4 lettuce cups per serving in a plastic bag.
- Toss remaining ingredients together in bowl. Cover and chill. You may pre-portion in small containers so it's ready to go into the lunch bag.
- Your child can scoop the chicken salad into the lettuce cups and enjoy.
Rasta Pasta Salad
Makes 3 servings, 1 cup each
· 1 cup uncooked whole grain pasta, such as Barilla Plus Spiral Pasta
· ½ cup natural turkey (no preservatives), cut into strips
· 5 cherry tomatoes, halved
· 6 cubes part-skim mozzarella cheese (about 3 oz)
· ¼ cup fat free or light Italian dressing
· ¼ cup red onion, slivered
· ¼ cup peas, frozen, thawed
- Prepare pasta according to package directions. Allow to cool.
- Toss together all ingredients and refrigerate.
Banana and nut butter snack wrap
Makes 1 as an entrée, or cut in 1/3s for a dessert or snack.
· 1 (8 inch) whole wheat tortilla
· 1 tablespoon natural nut or seed butter (for something new, try SunButter®)
· 1 medium banana
· 1 teaspoon honey
· 1 tablespoon raisins
- Lay tortilla on a plate. Spread nut butter evenly on the tortilla.
- Sprinkle raisins over nut butter. Drizzle honey on top, plus a little.
- Peel and place banana on the tortilla and roll the tortilla. Place a little honey on the inside edge to seal.
LOS SOMBREROS - SCOTTSDALE
Los Sombreros Mexican Café & Cantina
2534 N. Scottsdale Road
Scottsdale, AZ 85257
3 cups fresh watermelon
1/3 cup slice jicama
¼ cup of sliced cucumber
¼ diced red bell pepper
¼ cup diced panela cheese
1 tbsp. chopped cilantro
Honey lime dressing:
1 cup olive oil
1/3 cup lemon juice
2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. black pepper
1 tsp. oregano
½ cup of honey
2 tsp. vinegar
Blend salad ingredients together and then add dressing.
2 oz. Casadores tequila
¾ oz. triple sec
1 cup (5.5 oz) fresh frozen watermelon
1 oz. fresh lime juice
2 oz sweet and sour
Several ice cubes
Mix in a blender.
Drowning Impact Awareness Month
www.phoenixchildrens.com, search “Drowning Impact Awareness Month”
www.gilbertaz.gov, “Gilbert Live” link
Phoenix Children’s Water Watchers program: 602-546-1712
Season 52, Fresh Grill and Wine Bar – OPENING FALL 2010
Biltmore Fashion Park -
2502 E. Camelback Road?Phoenix, AZ, 85016
Seasons 52 is a highly acclaimed fresh grill and wine bar that provides guests with a fresh dining experience. Known for its seasonally inspired menu, award-winning international wine list and knowledgeable, approachable service, guests are always assured a memorable experience in this casually sophisticated adult ambience that feels comfortable and inviting. With its dining room, three private rooms, a piano bar, and patio seating, Seasons 52 will exceed anyone’s personal and professional dining expectations.