3 Murderers on the loose after escaping from Arizona State PrisonPosted: Updated:
PHOENIX (AP) — Prison officials say three inmates have escaped from a northwest Arizona prison and are possibly headed to Payson.
Helicopters and K-9 units joined the search for the men, who were discovered missing Friday evening from the Arizona State Prison in Golden Valley. The men are considered dangerous.
The missing prisoners are:
- Tracy Province, who was serving a life sentence for murder and robbery out of Pima County
- Daniel Renwick, who was serving two consecutive 22 year terms for two counts of second-degree murder our of Pima County
- John McCluskey, who was serving 15 years for second-degree murder in Maricopa County, aggravated assault and discharge of a firearm. He entered the Arizona State Prison a few weeks ago.
Anyone with information on the escaped prisoners should call police immediately. They were last seen wearing orange prison jumpsuits.
The Arizona Department of Public Safety, Mohave County Sheriff's Office and other agencies are assisting the Department of Corrections in searching for the inmates.
THE FOLLOWING WAS RELEASED BY THE FLAGSTAFF POLICE DEPARTMENT AT 9:44 A.M. ON SATURDAY:
On July 31, 2010 at approximately 5:11 am, officers of the Flagstaff police department responded to the Little America Truck Stop in reference to a call for service, for two subjects who stated they were abducted at gun point in the Kingman, AZ area, and then released at the truck stop here in Flagstaff.
It was later determined the suspects in this case, were subjects who had possibly escaped from a prison complex located in Mohave county around 9:30 last night.
The suspects in this case are described as
- McCluskey, John Charles DOB/ 02-27-1965 a white male 6’ 01” 160lbs. Brown Hair, Blue Eyes
- Renwick, Daniel Kelly DOB / 08-10-1973 white male 5’ 11” 190lbs. Brown Hair, Hazel Eyes
- Province, Tracy Alan DOB / 09-18-1967 white male 6; 00” 184lbs. Brown Hair, Blue Eyes
It is believed the escapees are also in the company of a female subject who aided the escapees. She is described as Welch, Casslyn Mae - a white female with a of DOB of 07/21/1966, she is 5’ 03” and 135lbs. with Brown hair and Green eyes. There is no clothing description on the subjects at this time.
The suspects in the case left the victims in the truck and fled the area in an undetermined direction of travel. These subjects are to be considered armed and dangerous, and possibly still in the area, please take caution and call police immediately if they are located.