Side Dishes for the Family BarbecuePosted: Updated:
Apricot Onions (for the Grilled Sausage)
1 Red onion (sliced)
1 Yellow Onion (sliced)
1 Tbls. Olive Oil
1 cup Apricots (diced)
1 Tbls. Brown Sugar
1 Tsp. Crushed Red Chili
Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Heat oil in a large Saute pan
2. Add onions and cook until brown.
3. Add the Sugar, chili, Salt, pepper and mix well.
4. Place onions on the bottom of the plate and serve with the Sausage.
Watermelon, Cucumber relish for the Pork
1 cup diced Watermelon
1 cup diced cucumber
1 Tsp. Diced Serrano Chili
1 Lime Juiced
2 Tsp. Fresh Chopped Mint
1 Tsp. Olive Oil
Salt and pepper to taste.
1. Combine all of the above in a bowl and mix well.
Serve Pork with the watermelon Relish
Herb Cream Cheese (for the burger)
2 cups cream Cheese (soft)
2 tsp. Chopped Parsley
1 Tsp. granulated Garlic
Dash of Worcesteshire
1 Tbls. Chopped Basil
1 Tbls. Chopped Red onion
½ cup diced Tomato
Salt and pepper
1. Combine all ond the above in a bowl and mix well.
2. When your Burger is almost done, top with the cream Cheese and allow to melt.
3. Serve on your favorite Roll and enjoy.