Check out fire restrictions at Arizona state parks before camping this holiday weekendPosted: Updated:
PHOENIX - Planning a camping trip this 4th of July weekend? Below is a list of state parks and the current fire restrictions in place.
If you are going camping, there are fire restrictions in almost every location in the state, so be sure to check AZfireinfo.com before you leave urban areas to go camping.
Northern Arizona State Parks Campgrounds - Please call ahead.
• Dead Horse Ranch State Park - (928) 634-5283 - Cottonwood - 150 campsites - fishing, boating (non-motorized), cabins, hiking, mountain biking, horseback riding, guided trail rides, campfires in designated fire rings.
• Fool Hollow Lake Recreation Area - (928) 537-3680 - 92 hookup sites, 31 campsites, great fishing and swimming. Fire restrictions.
• Lyman Lake State Park - (928) 337-4441 - 61 campsites, 4 yurts, 4 cabins, fishing, waterskiing. Campfires in cement fire rings/smoking in vehicles. No smoking while hiking.
Southern Arizona State Parks Campgrounds - Please call ahead.
• Catalina State Park (520) 628-5798 - 125 campsites, hiking, corrals for horses. Charcoal and propane fires only, wood campfires not allowed.
• Kartchner Caverns State Park (520) 586-2283 - 60 campsites - cave tours. Propane only. Smoking in camp area or vehicle, no smoking while hiking.
• Lost Dutchman State Park (480) 982-4485 -Campsites closed after July 5 for repair. Charcoal and propane fires only, wood campfires not allowed, no smoking while hiking.
• Patagonia Lake State Park (520) 287-6965 - 107 campsites, boats to rent, fishing, beach. Campfires ok in designated grills, must provide own firewood, no gathering or cutting on park property. Smoking in camp areas only, no smoking while hiking.
• Picacho Peak State Park (520) 466-3183 - 85 campsites - fantastic walking trails. No restrictions at this time, no smoking while hiking.
• Roper Lake State Park (928) 428-6760 - 71 campsites - outdoor rock hot tub, fishing. Campfires and smoking restricted to developed areas only, no smoking while hiking.
Western Arizona State Parks Campgrounds - Please Call Ahead.
• Alamo Lake State Park (928) 669-2088 - 250 campsites, excellent bass fishing, waterskiing, swimming. Campfires and smoking in designed areas only.
• Buckskin Mountain State Park & River Island (928) 667-3231 - 126 campsites, water sports, cabanas, beach. Fires in grills, no smoking while hiking.
• Cattail Cove State Park (928) 855-1223 - 61 campsites. No wood fires, charcoal for cooking within a campsite or on a grill on the beach. Smoking - campsites and beach only.
• Lake Havasu State Park (928) 855-2784 - 47 campsites - boat launches, great park areas and swimming beach. Campfires in fire-rings call for details, smoking in camp areas, no smoking while hiking.
For more information on all things state parks in our state check out azstateparks.com.