Early morning fire destroys Glendale home

Posted: Updated:

GLENDALE, Ariz. -- One of the people evacuated because of an early morning fire in Glendale had just been evacuated while visited Flagstaff because of the Shultz fire.

Firefighters were called out to the area of 54th Avenue and Thunderbird Road early Tuesday morning.

It reportedly started with a stove fire. Once the stove was pulled from the wall, flames jumped out and into the wall and the attic.

The fire was burning near the electrical panel, which made the situation especially dangerous for firefighters. Crews actually had to back out of the home and go defensive because they could not shut off the electricity.

For a neighbor who was in Flagstaff over the weekend, this is the second evacuation he's experienced in just a few days.

"I saw a truck out front and thought it was something maybe medical," said David House. "I saw them rolling out the house so I went out my back door and saw flames coming out of the back of the house. The whole house was engulfed in flames. ... The firemen did a great job, watered everything down and got it put out pretty quick."

The house was destroyed, but no injuries were reported.