Fire tears through house next to Anthem Country Club

Posted: Updated:

ANTHEM, Ariz. - A fire tears through a home next door to the Anthem Country Club Thursday evening.

One firefighter fell onto his back and had to be taken to the hospital. No other injuries were reported but there was a lot of damage to the home.

A huge hole busted through the clay roof of the home but no one is living there right now.

A bee exterminator, Construx Crew, and plumber were there doing work on the home at the time of the blaze.

Firefighters say they are not sure what sparked the fire but suspect something went wrong with one of the crews.

Capt. Phil Dyer, with Daisy Mountain Fire, tells 3TV, “It's too early, probably wires shorted during construction and remodeling of the house."

The home is a total loss due to extensive smoke and water damage.