Boys playing with fireworks spark brush fire that kills dog in Scottsdale

Posted: Updated:

SCOTTSDALE - A dog died Monday and two homes were damaged due to a brush fire believed to have been started by fireworks.

Scottsdale firefighters were called to an area near 64th Street and Indian School for a brush fire Monday evening. When crews arrived they found a quick-moving fire that spread to two nearby homes.

Nobody was home at the time but one of the family's dogs did not survive.

Firefighters say two young boys playing with fireworks started the fire.

The damage is estimated at $129,375.