Smoke detectors save Phoenix family from house fire

Posted: Updated:

PHOENIX - A West Valley family has their smoke detectors to thank for alerting them to a fire in their house.

The fire broke out around 4:30 a.m. Tuesday morning at the home near 49th Avenue and Sweetwater Road.

Family members and their pets were able to get out okay.

When fire crews arrived they say there were flames coming out of the eves of the house.

No one was seriously hurt.

It's unclear how the fire started or how much damage it caused.