Glendale fire responds to medical situation at home

Posted: Updated:

GLENDALE - Glendale fire and police were on scene of a medical situation near 67th Avenue and Glendale Blvd early Monday morning.

Five children were taken to the hospital after feeling sick.

According to Glendale fire, parents called 911 after their children woke up not feeling well around 3 a.m.

The five children, ranging in age from one to 10, were transported to St. Joseph's Hospital for toxicology tests to try and determine is they were suffering from carbon monoxide poisoning.

HAZMAT crew testing didn't show anything abnormal, but Southwest Gas was called out to the apartment for further investigation into a possible gas leak.

Crews are being cautious to try and rule out everything.