HOTLINE: Sunday, May 9Posted: Updated:
For more information visit couponsense.com
For more information visit www.campshane.com
BRITTNEY SHIPP WAS OUT LIVE AT:
Royal Palms Resort and Spa
5200 East Camelback Road
Phoenix, AZ 85018
Topic of Segment: Mother's Day at Royal Palms/ T. Cook's Mother's Day Brunch
For more information about the health topics Dr. Art Mollen spoke about, call (602)264-9806
If you'd like to add Sunday's Sweetheart or any other pet to your family, contact The Arizona Humane Society at (602) 997-7585. For more information about AHS events and programs, visit www.azhumane.org.
WALLY'S WEEKLY CAR REVIEW
For more on Wally Cahill: www.azmotorsportsmania.tv
CHEF PASCAL DIONOT, owner of Classic Coooking
DEMYSTIFYING FRENCH CUISINE
Foodies Like Us
Bonjour! French Cooking Class
Classic Cooking - 10411 E. McDowell Mountain Ranch Rd.
Friday, May 14 6:30 to 9 p.m.
French cuisine doesn't have to be complicated or intimidating
It boils down to simple, quality ingredients and basic techniques
Best French dishes are the simplest recipes
Presentation is key
PISSALADIERE (Onion Tart)
1 lb. of Puff Pastry, or puff pastry trimmings
5 lbs Onions, sliced
½ cup of olive oil
Salt & pepper
1. Roll puff pastry 1/8 inch thin, and dock.
2. Blind bake at 400F making sure to press down on the dough if it puffs too much.
3. In a little olive oil, sweat the onions, BG, garlic and S&P.
4. When the onions are sweated they start to caramelize, stirring and deglazing with a little chicken stock, prevent burning.
5. Proceed until onions are evenly brown.
6. Chill, adjust seasoning, spread on blind baked dough, and align anchovies in a criss-cross pattern, with olives in the diamonds.
7. Drizzle remaining olive oil, and warm in oven at 300F.
8. Can also be served at room temperature.
CREAM PUFF PASTRY
PATE A CHOU
1 cup of Water
2 oz Butter
4 oz Flour
1. Place water, salt and butter in a pot and bring to a boil.
2. Off the fire, add flour at once, stir with wooden spoon until a dough forms.
3. Place pot back on fire and stir vigorously to dry the dough for 1 minute.
4. Off the heat add eggs 1x1, stirring well between each addition, making sure the dough becomes sticky before adding the next egg.
5. On parchment paper, pipe cream puff the desired shape. Remember they will double in size as they bake.
6. Bake at 400F, when puffs are golden brown, turn oven down to 300F and bake for another 10 minutes to dry.
8 oz semisweet chocolate, chopped
1 C Heavy Cream
1. Place the chocolate in a bowl.
2. Bring the cream to a boil in a small saucepan. Pour the boiling cream over the chocolate and stir until smooth.
3. Add vanilla. Use warm, or refrigerate.
4. Warm on top of the stove, or in the microwave before using.