Memorial held for teens who died from accidental carbon monoxide poisoning

Posted: Updated:

ROSWELL, N.M. (AP) - Family, friends and classmates gathered Friday in Roswell to remember two teenagers who apparently died from accidental carbon monoxide poisoning after spending the night in the camper shell of their pickup truck after a weekend rodeo in Arizona.

Jesse Andrus and Michael Hillman, both 18, were in Cave Creek, Ariz., for a recent rodeo. Their families were expecting them to return home April 11, but they never showed up.

Scottsdale police were contacted and a telephone GPS located the teens' vehicle the next day in a shopping center parking lot.

Officers forced entry into the camper shell and found both teens deceased.

The memorial was held at the Roswell Convention and Civic Center.

Family and friends say rodeo was the teens' passion and going pro was the goal.

(Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press.  All Rights Reserved.)