Teens found dead of apparent carbon monoxide poisoning

Posted: Updated:
By Alicia Barron By Alicia Barron
Two bodies found in camper truck in Scottsdale. By Alicia Barron Two bodies found in camper truck in Scottsdale. By Alicia Barron
By Alicia Barron By Alicia Barron
By Alicia Barron By Alicia Barron

SCOTTSDALE - The Scottsdale Police Department spent most of Monday investigating the discovery of two bodies.

The deceased men, both 18 years old, were found near 73rd Street and Pinnacle Peak Road in a grocery story parking lot. The men were found inside of a pick-up truck with a camper shell. They have been identified as Jesse Andrus and Michael Hillman.

The Scottsale Police Department received a call on Monday at about 10:30 a.m. by police in Roswell, New Mexico who were asking for assistance in locating two missing teens that had been in Carefree for a rodeo over the weekend.

Their family was expecting them home on Sunday but they never arrived.

Detectives say telephone GPS located the two teens in the area of Scottsdale Road and Pinnacle Peak where the truck was subsequently located.

Officers say they saw two individuals inside the white Dodge pick-up truck and they were unresponsive. Officer forced entry into the vehicle and found they were both dead.

Police say it appears the teens died from apparent accidental carbon monoxide poisoning because a generator on the rear of the car may have been running.

According to a local news station in New Mexico, the two boys took part in bull-riding, bareback and other rodeo competitions across the Midwest. They were apparently weeks away from their high school graduation.