Renaissance festival fire and update on Broadway fire

Posted: Updated:

Carelessly discarded smoking materials sparked a fire Saturday night at G and J Music. That's according to Tucson firefighters.

Fire investigators say the fire, which happened at 8459 E. Broadway, was caused by smoldering ash from an ash tray. No one was inside the building at the time, but the flames caused about $70,000 worth of damage.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For the first time in more than 20 years the Arizona Renaissance festival experienced a huge problem. It didn't open on time.

A fire broke out in one of the kitchens. Firefighters spent about an hour trying to put it out. Four buildings, including the Queen's Kitchen, burned to the ground before the festival began.