Smoke detector saves Phoenix homeowner from early morning fire

Posted: Updated:

PHOENIX -- A smoke detector could be the reason a Phoenix homeowner is alive this morning.

Fire broke out at a home near 18th Street and Vineyard Road early Friday.

According to firefighters, the flames started in the attic, but quickly spread through the entire house.

The blaze was so intense, firefighters had to call in reinforcements.

The homeowner escaped safely thanks to a smoke detector.

No injuries were reported.

It's not yet known what sparked the fire.