Middle school students caught taking too much cold medicine

Posted: Updated:

CAVE CREEK – Three Cave Creek middle school students were taken to the hospital Friday afternoon after allegedly taking too much cold medicine.

According to a spokesperson from the Phoenix Fire Department, the kids overdosed on Coriciden at the Sonoran Trails School.

The school’s principal, Bill Dolezal, tells 3TV the school nurse alerted authorities. “We did have some students who made a bad choice and, based on that choice and with the safety and security of our students being paramount, more than anything else, we did contact the paramedics.”

Paramedics examined the students before transporting them to a hospital as a precaution.