Weekend freeway construction -- Feb. 12-15Posted: Updated:
Before you head out for the weekend, you'll want to make a note of several construction projects so you can avoid any headaches on the roadways.
1. Eastbound US 60 (Superstition Freeway) will be closed between Interstate 10 and McClintock Drive in Tempe from 11 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (Feb. 15) for freeway widening and overhead sign work. DETOUR: Use the eastbound Loop 202 Santan or Red Mountain freeways as alternate routes. Local traffic can detour along Baseline Road.
2. Westbound Loop 202 (Red Mountain Freeway) on-ramp at Scottsdale Road will be closed from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (Feb. 15) for freeway widening. DETOUR: Consider using the westbound on-ramp at McClintock Drive.
3. 24th Street will be closed in both directions at Loop 202 (Red Mountain Freeway) from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (Feb. 15) for bridge work. DETOUR: Use alternate north-south routes in the area, including 32nd Street.
4. Eastbound Loop 202 (Red Mountain Freeway) will be narrowed to two lanes overnight between Priest Drive and Scottsdale Road from 10 p.m. Friday to 7 a.m. Saturday (Feb. 13) for bridge work. DETOUR: Please slow down and merge safely in work zone.
5. Eastbound US 60 (Grand Avenue) will be closed overnight between 99th Avenue and Loop 101 (Agua Fria Freeway) from
10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Saturday (Feb. 13) for bridge work at the New River crossing. Southbound Loop 101 on-ramp at Grand Avenue will also closed. DETOUR: Traffic can use 99th Avenue to Peoria Avenue during overnight closure.
6. Southbound Interstate 17 will be narrowed to two lanes overnight between Pinnacle Peak Road and Rose Garden Lane from
10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Saturday (Feb. 13) for freeway widening. Southbound I-17 ramps to Loop 101 will also be closed overnight.
DETOUR: Southbound I-17 traffic can connect with Loop 101 by exiting to westbound Yorkshire Drive and using
northbound 27th Avenue to reach freeway.
7. Interstate 10 will be narrowed to one lane in both directions overnight between Cotton Lane and Sarival Avenue from 9 p.m. Sunday to 4 a.m. Monday (Feb. 15) for freeway widening. DETOUR: Please allow extra travel time, slow down and merge safely in work zone during overnight restriction.