Fire tears through Cave Creek restaurant

Posted: Updated:

CAVE CREEK -- The owners of a Cave Creek restaurant is picking up the pieces after an early morning fire.

Flames broke out at Alberto, which is located in a strip mall Cave Creek and Scottsdale roads, just after midnight.

Firefighters believe the blaze started in a fireplace, went up the chimney and then spread to the attic.

Crews on the scene contained the flames. No other businesses were damaged and no injuries were reported.

The owners said they thought they put out the fire in the fireplace before closing up for the night.