Tucson house fire

Posted: Updated:

A smoldering cigarette caused an early morning fire that destroyed a home in southeast Tucson.

Firefighters say the man who owns the home and his neighbor tried to put the fire out, but by the time crews arrived the house was engulfed in flames. The man was taken to the hospital with minor injuries. His neighbor actually found him lying on the ground near the front door trying to put the fire out. The man lives there with his wife. The house was completely destroyed.