Worker dies after being severely shocked in Tempe

Posted: Updated:
By Jennifer Thomas By Jennifer Thomas

TEMPE -- A worker who was severely shocked in Tempe Tuesday morning died from his injuries.

According to Mike Reichling with the Tempe Fire Department, a subcontractor with Viking Electric Company was working on a scissor lift 20 feet in the air near 52nd Street and University Drive.

Reichling said the man was replacing florescent lights with another worker when he came in contact with a 277-volt live wire.

"He was shocked severely, went into full cardiac arrest," Reichling said.

The victim has been identified as Juan Narvaez, 27.

The other worker was not injured.