Electrical fire leaves Glendale family homeless, kills dogs

Posted: Updated:
By Catherine Holland By Catherine Holland
By Catherine Holland By Catherine Holland
By Catherine Holland By Catherine Holland
By Catherine Holland By Catherine Holland
By Catherine Holland By Catherine Holland

GLENDALE -- An early morning fire, possibly sparked by a dryer, has left a Glendale family homeless and killed their pets.

Firefighters were called out to the home near 72nd Avenue and Bethany Home Road at about 2:30 Thursday morning.

By the time firefighters arrived on the scene, the house was fully engulfed and flames had moved into the attic.

While the family of three made it out of the burning house safely, their two dogs were killed.

Crews were able to knock down the fire, but not before extensive damage was done. The home is not livable at this point.

"We do have crews here that will help them gather some of their belongings and help them relocate to some temporary housing," said Capt. Sean Alford of the Glendale Fire Department.

Investigators believe this was an electrical fire that started in the garage, possibly in the clothes dryer.